Generic work on healthcare paperwork
- Royal College of Physicians (2015) Generic medical record keeping standards
- Unite The Union (2012) Record Keeping Guidelines
- Royal College of Nursing (2010) Abbreviations and other short forms in patient/client records. Although aimed at electronic records, this guidance makes several good points that are relevant to any kind of patient documentation, regardless of physical form.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (2009) Record Keeping: Guidance for Nurses and Midwives - due for review 2012, but have been unable to track down latest version Sharkli (talk) 12:20, 12 January 2016 (GMT)
- AUSTRALIA: Australian Standard AS2828.1-2012 Paper-based Health Care Records available for purchase
- AUSTRALIA: Queensland Health. Australian Standard AS2828-1999 Paper-based Health Care Records Self-assessment audit tool
- AUSTRALIA: Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne. Medical record forms design
- NIGERIA: eHealth Nigeria collection of scanned health forms in use in several institutions
- USA: The hospital-forms.com website offers free PDF downloads of generic forms and charts as used in American hospitals.
Millar JA, Silla, RC, Lee GE, Berwick A. The national inpatient medication chart: critical audit of design and performance at a tertiary hospital. Medical Journal of Australia 2008 188: 95-99. The authors compared the Australian national inpatient medication chart (NIMC) with the chart previously used at Royal Perth Hospital (RPH) in Western Australia, and with charts used at 13 other hospitals across Australia.